Transport aircraft Li-2: the history of one assembly 5

The turn came to put the fuselage with the center section on the chassis. And it turned out that the chassis is mounted only on a practically assembled engine. Therefore, the “serial production” of engines, and with them the chassis parts, began. And here I had to take a “creative break” to think about the technology. How to make a chassis?

Once upon a time in the 7th or 8th grade, my school friend assembled the Li-2, and, despite the poverty of the then opportunities, he made the chassis, according to his modern story, retractable. I know that Andrew could “shoe a flea” with a two-handed hammer. But now I remember his model is not very clear, and I remembered the chassis only in the removed state.

In short, what to do? There is no possibility to set up a workshop quickly, and from improvised material there are only office clips and a bit of copper wire, but it very thin. There is no acid to solder steel, no solder either. I had to connect together the wire from the paper clips with the “copper” from the old TV ….

To get started, it was necessary to get a straightened wire from office clips. It’s simple – I first annealed the wire on a gas stove. I heated wire to red and cooled it on the air. The wire has become soft. Then, on my “anvil” (see it a little later) with light blows of the hammer, so as not to hush up the cylindrical shape of the wire, I straightened out large bends on a paper clip unbent by hands.

Then he took a steel bar, I have such a heavy one, twenty centimeters long, and he rolled the wire along the anvil with it, pressing the bar hard on the wire. It getting out pretty well.

Then I searched for my drills less than a millimeter. I have found it. Then I had to wipe the dust from a small drilling machine, extracted from a far corner from under the cabinet for half an hour, look for engine oil, the key to the cartridge … Well, you understand what is it a wish ….

In short, the idea was this: to make thin the tip of the annealed wire from a paper clip, form a flat part from it, drill a hole in it 0.75 mm in diameter like the wire diameter, and then use a flat needle file to make the whole thing look like an lug. Then it will be possible to assemble any spatial structure from such elements.

The width of the flattened wire was not enough. I had to bend the tip of the wire at 180 degrees, then flatten, drill, apply a bandage and then solder. This is for the main landing gear. For the tail – it turned out without bends and bandages.

And here is the first drilling, I was very afraid of breaking the drill (it was the only one drill such a suitable diameter):

But everything worked out, I “caught” the feeling during drilling and for now – pah, pah! Around the same, the issue of joining steel parts was resolved. I drove them to each other and applied a bandage of copper wire, previously tinned with the usual solder for copper using a common soldering iron.

It turned out clumsily, but I did not despair, since all this disgrace can be, firstly, sanded with a flat needle file, and secondly, covered up with paper and paint on top. Where necessary, you can putty from the PVA glue.

Продолжение следует…

Добавить комментарий